Hello! I hope you’re well!
And, Yes, that’s me in that video doing what looks weird, but makes me feel great. John + the boys were the only ones who would see me doing this…until now.
We all have things we geek out on, I have many. Health stuff…nutrition + fitness inspiration to name a few.
I’m far from perfect, but my health is high on my list of priorities. Eating well (mostly), moving my body + feeling strong help me find balance.
I recently read that quick bursts of energy are a great boost for your health. I was amped, as have done this daily forever, as in every time I warm my tea or I’m heading down the hall or waiting for something. I work from home, so there are lots of moments to take advantage of. I’m no doctor or fitness guru, but I made a quick video that ought to provide a good chuckle or inspiration. Note I’m wearing everyday comfy clothes, not workout wear, because who wears running gear all day every day? Not even triathletes I’m guessing. Also, you don’t need a huge space to do any of this, just do in place instead of gazelle-ing around like I do.
Cheers + love from the countryside,
P.S. If you try this, let me know how it goes!
- 30 seconds to a minute can really do the trick
- Keep a set of light weights nearby to add a little challenge to your bursts. 3lb, 5lb + 8lb weights go a long way
- Get a jump rope and start small with it. It’s amazing what one minute of jumping rope feels like at 52
- Keep a chair or ottoman available for squats. It’ll offer knee support + keep your form good
- Start slow, little bits go a long way and add up fast
- Change things up so you are using different muscle groups
- Think like a child. Jumping, hopping, skipping