JOHN'S BLACKENED FISH
A FEW TIPS
- There are lots of seafood options to try, our favs are trout, tilapia + shrimp.
- Create a seasoning mix ( or buy one to drench the fish in) John likes to use smoked paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, sea salt + Italian seasonings.
- Use olive oil, butter or a mix to coat the cold fish. Then coat with seasoning mix.
- Fry in a heavy cast iron skillet that's smokin' hot for 2-4 minutes per side or until opaque inside.
- Consider serving with coleslaw + fingerling potatoes or broccolini in a lemon-garlic-olive oil dressing.
- Corn pudding on the side is a huge bonus and our family fav.
- Also consider a simple-ish reduced sauce like John made. Butter, garlic, red onions, wine + parsley.
Cheers + love
from our countryside kitchen to yours!
John + Tracy