I learned one of my favorite life lessons from my grandmother when I was a kid. I tripped and fell in front of a group of strangers, then threw a little fit of embarrassment I was quickly scolded for. Her words were exactly what I needed. Who do you think is looking at you and why do you care? I have repeated those words many times over the years when I’m questioning myself over something.
I’m a big believer that there is always room for growth and self-improvement, but I also believe that with age comes wisdom and self-acceptance. Imperfections are part of the deal in all our lives, and a quick spin through social media can make anyone feel vulnerable. But if you keep things in check and work to see your imperfections through a softer lens, you’ll come to realize that it’s more fun to be imperfect + let go of whatever you feel you’re supposed to be. Just be. And the truth is, striving to be perfect might stop you from starting something that could change your life for the better. Sing the song. Dance the dance. Make the art. Write. Cook. Evolve! Explore more of what you want in your days by embracing less perfection + more goodness.
Hope you enjoy our imperfect video!
Cheers + love from the countryside,
Tracy + John
- Celebrate the little wins
- Reframe your thoughts and see your flaws as your “you-ness” + what makes you charming, unique…scrumptious!
- Stop comparing yourself, your wealth, your home, your achievements etc. Find ways to be grateful.
- People judge, it’s human nature. But really…why care what someone else thinks of your situation?
- Quiet your overthinking, replace it with something else. Action or some other positive bit of goodness works for me.